So I’m quickly progressing in my newest game, Super Rawr-Type and am just about to put the finishing touches on it. I’ve given myself one month (30 days) to work on this bad boy. GDC and PAX took up quite a bit of time recently, so I’ve got a few days left to go. It’s far from perfect, but it’ll do.
Next month, I’ll focus on publishing to The Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 Stores, as well as wrapping the code in the iOS wrapper.
As you can see here, I still need some optimization. I’ve got to get a grasp on object pooling so that I can correctly display my particles, in addition to such a large number of bullets and entities on screen at once.
When played on my PC, it comes out nearly 100%, but I’ve noticed with the screen recording it begins to chug and the FPS drops incredibly low. Let’s see if I can resolve this issue in three days!